My name is Jerry Brown. I'm an engineering professional with a BS in
Physics and Mathematics. For thirty-five years, I've worked as an engineer on a wide
range of both mechanical and electronics projects involving automatic control, precision
mechanisms, web process dynamics, motion control, sensors, signal processing, data
acquisition and computer modeling.
Some problems can be solved with rough
estimates and testing. Others need careful analysis. Some need new ideas. Many
take all three. Regardless of which approach is required, I believe you will
find that I have the experience and knowledge to help you find a safe workable
solution. Then, I'll do whatever it takes to make it successful - whether
it's solving a differential equation, running tests, preparing presentations or
If I don't have the right skills for your
problem I'll tell you and attempt to direct you to someone who does. Once I
begin your project I won't leave it unfinished.
I'm proficient with analytical and CAD tools
- AutoCAD for mechanical layout and documentation
- Mathcad and Macsyma for algebra, calculus and differential equations
- Matlab for control system analysis and synthesis
- FlexPDE a finite element partial differential equation
solver for multi-physics modeling
- TestPoint for data acquisition
- Orcad for schematic capture
My experience includes,
- Production methods: Milling, turning, grinding, casting, sheet metal,
circuit boards and cabeling.
- Instrumentation: Oscilloscopes, digital voltmeters, signal
generators, counters, strain gages, load cells, high speed cameras and data acquisition
systems. I have often designed and built instruments for special problems.
- Project planning: Critical path scheduling, cost spreadsheets.
- Communication: Reports, conference papers, magazine articles,
boardroom presentations and marketing source material.
Areas of technology in which I've worked are,
- Precision electromechanical actuators
- Electronic signal conditioning
- Electrical, optical and mechanical sensors
- Ultrasonic transducers and oscillators
- Servomechanism design and analysis
- High-precision motion platforms
- Nuclear radiation sensors
- Method and Apparatus for Cutting Wire
- Linear Support Apparatus
- Method for Web Guiding of Carpet Material
- Alignment of Sensing Devices Utilizing Light-Emitting Semiconductors
- System for Photoelectric Control of Moving Webs